Our keto hamburger buns are fluffy and bread-y, simply how they need to be. Plus these low carb hamburger buns truly maintain as much as all of your scrumptious keto toppings. No extra soggy keto cloud bread or overly crunchy cheese wraps, as a result of these almond flour hamburger buns are certain to knock your socks off!
Are Hamburger Buns Keto?
As scrumptious as bread is sadly commonplace hamburger buns are NOT keto. For one commonplace sesame seed crusted hamburger bun there are 28 grams of carbs; and fewer than 1 gram of fiber(1). No must concern, our keto hamburger buns are solely TWO internet carbs every!
No More Bun- much less Keto Burgers
While you’ll be able to have bun- much less burgers on keto, what’s the enjoyable in that! Instead of settling for a boring previous lettuce wrap we introduced one of the best keto hamburger buns to the desk. They are made with a mix of almond flour and coconut flour making them the right low carb hamburger bun to get pleasure from at any event.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals listing and new recipes each week!
Fathead Keto Hamburger Buns
If you wish to make keto pleasant hamburger buns it’s important to strive a fathead dough recipe. It makes mushy pliable and durable buns when warmed. So what’s fathead dough? Fathead dough is a keto pleasant dough primarily based from mozzarella cheese, almond flour, and eggs. It’s wealthy in fats and protein, whereas nonetheless being tremendous low in carbs. It is a superb recipe for all of your keto baking wants, and never solely will we make this recipe with it, but in addition recipes like pizza, naan, and even bagels!
Why Avoid Fiber
As you’ll be able to see this recipe contains no oat fiber or psyllium husk. We’ve discovered that an excessive amount of fiber in our diets can truly upset our stomaches and trigger gasoline and bloating(2). Overall we felt there was no higher keto pleasant bun path to go than one with none added fiber. These buns are nonetheless mild, fluffy, and scrumptious, excellent for all of your recipe wants.
Gluten Free Keto Hamburger Buns
If you might be gluten free these keto hamburger buns are going to be one of the best recipe for you. They are made with a mix of coconut and almond flour, two top quality low carb flours. Now there’s no want to choose up overpriced “gluten free” marketed merchandise that are full of rice starch and fillers.
Coconut & Almond Flour
Typical keto bread and low carb burger buns are made with fibers to decrease the carbs. Our keto burger buns then again use top quality components like cream cheese, coconut flour, and almond flour. This keto bread/ bun recipe makes use of each coconut and almond flour as a result of it offers one of the best bread like texture with none added fibers to make it chewy. We don’t advocate eradicating both of the 2 flours as a result of each have an essential position in style and texture.
Other Bun Free Options
If you might be so strapped for time making keto burger buns seems like a chore, there are different choices. Some extra vegetable choices embody:
- Lettuce– This one’s an apparent basic, however just about any restaurant offers you a bun-less burger when you ask.
- Roasted Eggplant Slices– Crisp up some eggplant in an air fryer or oven. Then sandwich a burger patty between two slices and fill it with all of the fix- ins.
- Portobello Mushrooms– Portobello mushrooms make nice meaty buns when cooked on a scorching grill. Drizzle with some olive oil and a sprinkle of salt for additional taste.
- Bell Peppers– Bell pepper halves make crisp and refreshing burger buns. We go away them uncooked however they’re additionally nice with a light-weight char from the grill.
These are all scrumptious veggie keto burger buns, however don’t be afraid to go in with the meat. No one ever mentioned no to a bun- much less burger fabricated from burger patties and additional cheese!
What to Put within the Best Keto Hamburger Buns
There are limitless recipe choices to place inside these scrumptious keto hamburger buns. Some of our favourite simple to make recipe choices to place on this low carb bread are:
- Buffalo Chicken Burger– These buffalo hen burgers are the right burger to your low carb weight loss program. They are full of taste and spice making them an incredible patty to go alongside our buns recipe.
- Our Loaded Jalapeño Burger– When we are saying loaded, we imply it. This simple to make burger has bacon, cheese, and even grilled jalapeños.
- Low Carb Chicken Salad– Our hen salad is creamy from top quality mayo and crisp from contemporary crunchy celery. It’s the right mix of taste and texture to go inside your fluffy keto hamburger buns. The better part is that it’s simple to make and 100% gluten and sugar free!
Don’t let being on a keto weight loss program cease you from having fun with all of your favourite bake items and burger recipes. Just bake smarter not more durable and luxuriate in all of your favorites!
Can I Make Dairy Free Hamburger Buns?
In order to make hamburger buns keto we needed to swap components to make a fathead dough (a dough primarily based of cheese and eggs). That being mentioned, this dough won’t work with out the cheese and cream cheese. They make the dough chewy and bread- like whereas nonetheless being low in internet carbs. We additionally wouldn’t advocate attempting vegan cheese and cream cheese as it may possibly make the dough too moist.
How to Make Keto Hamburger Buns
It’s grilling season and that means it’s time to excellent each your hamburger recipe and burger bun recipe. So let’s get began making one of the best almond flour burger bun you’ve ever had!
These almond flour keto buns are fairly easy to make and don’t require many instruments. All you’ll need is a big baking sheet, a silpat mat or parchment paper, and an ice cream scoop. If you don’t have an ice cream scoop that’s no downside, you’ll be able to simply divide the dough into 4 items your self.
For these keto buns you’ll need shredded mozzarella, eggs, and cream cheese. Make certain the mozzarella is pre- shredded and never the massive contemporary ball sort. If it’s contemporary it can have an excessive amount of water and make a soupy mess when microwaved. When you purchase cream cheese make certain to search for the bottom one in internet carbs. Often occasions cream cheese can have fillers that up the carb depend when you aren’t checking the diet info.
For the dry components you’ll need almond flour and coconut flour. We use plain blanched almond flour with out the skins for one of the best general texture. Then you’ll need baking powder for rise and sesame seeds for topping the buns. Make certain you employ baking powder NOT baking soda. The Sesame Seeds are non-compulsory, however extremely really helpful as they provide our keto low carb buns their genuine hamburger bun taste.
Preparing Low Carb Hamburger Buns
To make hamburger buns keto start by preheating the oven to 375 levels F. Then in a bowl microwave the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese. Work in 45 second intervals stirring in- between. If you let it cook dinner too lengthy the cheese could burn within the bowl. You simply need the 2 components melted and coming collectively within the bowl.
Now add within the egg and egg white.
Stir effectively and incorporate within the eggs with a fork. It could also be troublesome to combine however do your greatest to mix the 2. A bit separation is okay, however you don’t need an excessive amount of.
Once the eggs have mixed add in your keto flours (Almond flour and coconut flour) in addition to the baking powder. A rubber baking spatula could assist with combining within the flours.
Now line your baking sheet with a slipmat or parchment paper. Divide the hamburger bun dough into 4 parts utilizing an ice cream scoop, or your palms. Roll the parts into 4 even balls after which place them on the silicone mat.
Lightly press down on the dough after which brush the tops with water. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds evenly between the 4 dough balls and place within the oven to bake.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or till a light-weight brown/ golden shade. Allow to chill a couple of minutes earlier than slicing in half or the facilities can be too scorching.
Storing Burger Buns
Our hamburger bun recipe shops effectively within the fridge for 7-10 days. We don’t advocate storing the low carb buns on the counter as they do have a variety of cheese and dairy that means they may mould if omitted. See notes beneath on tips on how to freeze.
Can I Freeze Hamburger Buns?
You can be glad to know these keto buns will be frozen! We usually prefer to make a giant batch after which freeze just a few for later use. To freeze the buns merely place them into an hermetic container and retailer them within the freezer for as much as 2 months.
In order to defrost your keto buns place them within the fridge or on the counter for just a few hours. Once defrosted you’ll be able to re crisp them within the oven at 350 for a couple of minutes as they might lose a few of their sturdiness with additional moisture.
Tips for the Best Keto Low Carb Bun
If you’re able to make one of the best keto pleasant hamburger bun ever, you’ll wish to have a look at these useful suggestions:
- Don’t Overfill the Baking Sheet– This shouldn’t be a difficulty because the recipe makes four buns (with simply 2 internet carbs per bun!) in every batch. However, when you do double the recipe make certain to house out the buns evenly. When you sprinkle with sesame seeds you need even high protection, in addition to no enlargement that makes the buns hit each other.
- Don’t Skip the Sesame– Sesame seeds actually are what set these buns aside and make them really feel like an genuine hamburger bun over a roll. If you don’t have sesame seeds you’ll be able to skip them, however we wouldn’t advocate it!
- Warm Before Serving– This recipe makes use of egg whites to make a fluffy dough and cheese to make them bread- y with out psyllium husk. That being mentioned the egg whites received’t preserve them as pliable when cooled so we advocate heating them up for just a few seconds earlier than serving.
- Make Low Carb Dough not Scrambled Eggs!– When heating and melting cheese with eggs you could discover if the cheese is simply too scorching it can cook dinner the eggs. To keep away from scrambled eggs make this recipe by solely heating the cheese barely till melted. If it’s essential reheat the cheese as a result of it hardens, work in 10 second intervals to not cook dinner the eggs an excessive amount of with it.
Not make keto hamburger buns, and make them one of the best buns you’ve ever eaten. You have the recipe information and are able to take it on!
Carb Recipes Gone Keto
Let’s be trustworthy there’s nothing higher than freshly baked bread, it actually could possibly be it’s personal meals group. However, pretty much as good as it’s, it’s undoubtedly not keto pleasant! So when the carb cravings hit, persist with your weapons and check out these scrumptious keto bread recipes:
- Keto Banana Bread– Who doesn’t love dense and candy banana bread? We used a secret ingredient to present it the absolute best banana taste with out the carbs.
- Keto Tortillas– A recipe made in just below 10 minutes, these tortillas are mushy, fluffy, and pliable. They are the right low carb choice for whenever you’re craving tacos or burritos.
- Low Carb Naan– Another basic bread staple in Indian meals. It’s pillowy and excellent for scooping up meat and sauces.
Now the subsequent time you’re craving bread and wish to cheat in your weight loss program make these keto recipes so you’ll be able to indulge with out the crash. And when doubtful, make our keto hamburger buns recipe and simply eat them with butter!
More Keto Recipes for a Grill Out
Have a grill out developing this summer time? Our keto hamburger buns make the right supply service for all of your grilled up meats. Try a number of the greatest low carb keto grill out recipes from our web site like:
- Low Carb BBQ Sauce– Everyone is aware of BBQ Sauce is one of the best sauce choice for grill outs. It works on brisket, smoked pork, turkey, and even on cowboy bacon burgers.
- Keto Mac and Cheese– Mac and Cheese is one other grill out staple. This keto mac and cheese is stuffed with bacon, do-it-yourself cheese sauce, and cauliflower, then topped with crispy pork rinds. It tastes identical to the true deal and is certain to fulfill and carb cravings you will have.
- Easy Pulled Pork– You will certainly want a meat recipe to go along with the BBQ sauce listed above. Try out this simple keto pulled pork recipe for whenever you’re craving midwestern cook dinner out vibes. It’s even higher inside our low carb hamburger buns.
There are tons extra scrumptious low carb keto recipes on our weblog so that you can try. Get artistic and take a look at recipes from throughout our web site having fun with the variability in flavors and textures.
Keto Hamburger Buns
These low carb keto hamburger buns are one of the best burger bun choice on the market. They are fluffy and bread like whereas nonetheless staying moist and mushy. We promise when you make this keto buns recipe you’ll be in for a deal with! Just as a result of they’re low carb hamburger buns doesn’t imply they’ll’t be loved with different sorts of burgers too. Try buffalo hen burgers or salmon patties with our keto buns and put together to be impressed.
Keto Hamburger Buns
The greatest keto fluffy and bread-y hamburger buns on the market! A pleasant sesame taste that truly holds as much as all of your keto fillings.
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories per serving 353kcal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Preheat the oven to 375 levels F.
In a big, microwave secure bowl add the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. Microwave for 45 seconds after which stir. Microwave for an additional 30-45 seconds till easy.
Next add in egg and egg white and blend with a fork till effectively mixed.
After that mix the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder into the dough. Then line a baking sheet with parchment or a slipmat.
Use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter into four buns, the roll then into balls together with your palms. Place them on the silicone mat and press down gently. Brush the dough with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or till mild golden brown.
Keto Hamburger Buns
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 9g45%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 486IU10%
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.